At Polarity electrics ltd, we pride ourselves on our coverage, Our areas where our engineers are based are: Greater London, South East, South West, West Midlands, East Midlands.
Nationwide Services, Local Engineers
T: 0800 085 9146 | M: 07932 046 977
SMOKE ALARM TESTING IN HOLBORN
Smoke alarm testing Holborn is crucial for safety as smoke alarms save lives every year, therefore it’s important to make sure you carry out smoke alarm testing on a regular basis to ensure they are working correctly. There are various types of fire alarms suited to different locations in a property some of these include:
- Ionisation: These are the most cost effective and are generally not expensive to purchase. They tend to be very sensitive to small particles of smoke produced by fast flaming fires, such as paper and wood, and they detect this type of smoke before it gets too thick. They are marginally less sensitive to slow burning and smouldering fires which give off larger quantities of smoke before flaming occurs. They can also be too over-sensitive near kitchens.
- Optical detectors: These tend to cost a little more but are more effective at detecting larger smoke particles produced by slow-burning fires, such as overheated PVC wiring and slow burn foam filled furniture. Optical fire alarms Holborn can be installed near but not in kitchens, as they are less likely than ionisation alarms to go off while cooking.
- Heat Alarms: These detect the increase in temperature when there is a fire rather than the smoke, this makes them the perfect option for installation in kitchens. They only cover a relatively small area of a room, so for larger kitchens you may need to have several located throughout.
- Combined Optical Smoke and Heat Alarms: These detectors use a combination of optical and heat sensors in one unit to reduce false alarms whilst increasing the speed at which the fire is detected.
- Combined Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms: Alarms that combine both smoke detection and CO alarm protection in one ceiling-mounted unit. This reduces costs and takes up less of your living space.
Each type of fire alarm Holborn look similar and is powered either by a battery, or mains electricity, some mains powered alarms will have a battery for backup power to ensure power supply in emergency situations, during power cuts for example. Some are interlinked so that any smoke detected in one room can raise the alarms in others. Our engineers are proficient in smoke alarm testing in Holborn, so you can have the confidence in their ability to test your equipment and leave you with a detailed report for your insurance purposes.
Most smoke alarms now have a button to mute the sound of the alarm, for use where false alarms can be a nuisance e.g. when cooking. The alarm lets you know it’s been silenced by “chirping” or by displaying a red light – while a real fire producing lots of smoke will set it off anyway. Another useful feature on modern alarms is the ability to mute the beeping that happens when the battery life is low, meaning you don’t have the irritation of your alarm sounding through the night. When your system is due smoke alarm testing, all aspects such as battery life and power supply will be tested. In a standard smoke alarm, the battery will need to be replaced every 12 months. Alternatively, you can buy alarms fitted with sealed 10 year batteries, the advantage is that you don’t have to replace the battery every year.
So, if you are looking for a company that specialises in smoke alarm testing, get in touch with us today on 0800 085 9146 and we will gladly answer any queries you may have about our services or your alarm system.
We're part of the Local Heroes network
CONTACT & LOCATION
Telephone & Email
Telephone: 0208 366 8205
Freephone: 0800 085 9146
Mobile: 07932 046 977
Polarity Electrics Ltd
Trading Address: 13A, Culver Garden Centre, Cattlegate Rd, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 9DS
Company no: 9981410
Place of registration: Companies house England and Wales
NICEIC enrolment number: 602034000
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/membership/whichtrustedtraders/
All tests would be payable via Cash or Card to the engineer upon site completion, or a emailed invoice can be sent out prior to our attendance. However please be mindful that no certification/ information is released until payment is received in full. Once payment is received the report then takes 7 working days to process and send out to you. We usually just require 24-48 hours’ notice on bookings in order to attend site. Our hours are 0730-1600. The prices quoted relate to works being carried out Monday- Friday.