0800 085 9146 / 07932 046 977

Local engineers - Nationwide services

Call Us -

T: 0800 085 9146  | M: 07932 046 977

If you are looking for an established, reliable, electrical contractor then look no further, Polarity Electrics can help you with your all requirements so contact us today.

NICEIC Registered Contractors

When you need electrical work carrying out you may want to choose NICEIC registered contractors because this will ensure the level of service you receive is guaranteed. When electricians are registered it means they are monitored and have to abide by the strict guidelines and regulations When applying to join the scheme a contractor must go through an assessment to make sure their level of work is up to the standards of the scheme.

Once they have passed the assessment they must ensure they keep the level of service the same for every job they complete after they are confirmed members. As well as assessing the level of knowledge of the staff, once NICEIC registered contractors, they have a set procedure to follow regarding any disputes regarding works completed, this provides customers with peace of mind. There are many aspects of electrical work that the scheme covers including:

  • Electricians completing commercial and industrial installations
  • Electricians working on domestic installations
  • Electrical installation condition reporting (testing, inspection, PIRs)
  • Street lighting installations
  • Security systems installers
  • Any other electrical services covered by BS 7671

Our team of NICEIC registered contractors are not only capable of carrying out the testing but can also offer advice on any changes you may want to make to your current electrical system to avoid any potential major faults at a later date. So, not only do you have the comfort of knowing we are part of an official scheme that assesses the quality of work by its members but we also offer a 12 month guarantee on all works completed by us. If you want more information on our services or are looking for NICEIC registered contractors to complete electrical works call us now on 0800 085 9146 and one of our team will gladly discuss your needs.

What Regulations Affect Electrical Work?

  • Electrical work is subject to certain regulations and standards.

What is Part P?

  • An explanation of the Part P regulations.

Can I Do Electrical Work Myself?

  • What you should consider before undertaking electrical work.

What are the Different Types of Electrical Certification?

  • Electrical work is certificated to record the performance of the installation at a point in time.

What Makes A Good Electrical Installation?

  • There are a number of elements to a good electrical installation.

When Do I Need A Rewire

  • Just because an installation is old, doesn’t mean its unsafe.

What is 'Notifiable Work'?

Notifiable work is a term used to describe particular types of work that are subject to compliance with Building Regulations notification or approval.

Work that needs to be notified should be signed off by your local authority building control body. Alternatively, you could use a registered competent person who can self certify that the work is compliant.

There is further guidance in a leaflet about Building Regulations and notifiable work available from Communities and Local Government.

To find a registered contractor who can self certify their work, use our Find Contractors search facility.

Any domestic work notified by your electrician to NICEIC Building Control is searchable through the site www.checkmynotification.com

You can check the details of the certificate via the number on the certificate or the address where the work was carried out.


  • Estate Agents
  • Facilities
  • Housing Association
  • Landlords
  • Letting Agents
  • Local Authorities
  • Schools
  • Small Business
  • The 3rd Amendment

Contact Us

Please use the form below to contact us.

Our Location